Ouch

Note to self: do not climb on a fence whilst holding hedge-trimming loppers in one hand and grabbing onto an old hedge with another hand.

Because one: it will hurt and things will bleed when the hedge gives way and then loppers get in the way of falling down.

Two: eating will be painful for a while. (As in, I have a decent bruise on the inside of my mouth.)

Actually, given how much it hurt I am impressed the damage isn't more, because whilst I was standing on the lawn next to the hedge, pressing a hand against my mouth and seeing blood collect on my gloves, I thought I would end up looking like I have an abusive husband at home.

But no. All I have is damage inside my mouth, so unless I smile it's hard to see there's even anything there.

Except I - I know it's there. It hurts.

So, please, Maria, next time please do not climb on a fence whilst holding hedge-trimming loppers in one hand and grabbing onto an old hedge with another.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaa :D I know it's not funny, but the way you describe it, makes it funny :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was funny :). I mean, it was painful - but it was still funny. Standing there, mouth bleeding, and thinking, yeah, you're a genius, Maria. Picturing someone asking me how did I get it, and explaining that I was climbing on a fence whilst holding a pair of loppers, and then whacking myself in the face as I was falling off the fence.

      Delete