Calling to say that I love you

I noticed that I had missed a phone call from The Man at 7:34 am. Unusual timing, but oh well.

I called back. "What's up?" I asked.

"I just called to say I love you," he said. Hmm, unusual timing, I thought again. He does call like that, sometimes, but usually at meal times - and 7.34 am isn't a meal time.

There was a moment of waiting on both sides and then the real message came through. "I almost got taken out by a car on my way to work today," he said, and relayed the details.

A car had done a U-turn on the street without checking that the bike lanes were clear first, and had come within 20 centimetres of The Man. Heavy breaking on the car's side and heavy swearing on The Man's, they parted ways safely, but it had shaken The Man up.

Sometimes people do leave home in the morning and never come back, but not today - not in our house.

1 comment:

  1. Aga Teil ju seal kõikjal rattateed? Mingi nooruke autojuht? Kas ainult jalgratas sai viga?

    ReplyDelete