Kids and Tourette's

Talking to an adult whilst the kids are underfoot is a lot like having Tourette's.

"Yeah, so I went to see her yesterday and then she - HEY PUT THAT DOWN NOW!!! - and so she told me that she was having a hard time getting - NO, STOP HITTING YOUR SISTER!!! - what was I saying? Oh, right: the real estate prices are getting to - HEY, YOU NEED TO LISTEN TO ME NOW!!!"

And so, as I am trying to talk to an adult, I think to myself, why do I even bother? With kids underfoot it takes me five minutes to get through such a simple conversation that sometimes it's just not worth it. Honestly.

1 comment:

  1. It doesn't change that much as they get older. There's still "put that down" which usually refers to the cat, add in "stop stealing food!" and "hands out of pants!" to get some idea of how it is for me at the moment.

    ReplyDelete