Well that was stupid!

I can never remember what toilet paper to buy; some are so thin that kids rip right through the paper when they try to get a piece, others so thick that they're hard to rip, so kids end up stripping down half a roll when all they are trying to get is 3 pieces.

So recently, when I managed to get a pack that was just right, I thought, "Yay, no more toilet paper guessing at the store! I'll just have to remember which pack to get and we're golden."

Uhm... yeah. Good luck with that, Maria.

Because here's the thing: I looked at the pack, there was a cute little puppy printed on the front, and so I cleverly told myself that next time I am at the store, I need to get toilet rolls with a cute little puppy printed on front.

And it seemed like a totally good idea - except, when I stood in front of the toilet rolls in the store, it started to feel like an exceptionally stupid idea, because...

WHY DOES EVERY SINGLE TOILET ROLL PACK HAVE A PICTURE OF A PUPPY PRINTED ON FRONT!?

Jesus christ...

9 comments:

  1. Yes, it's because the picture of hedgehog would make some really misleading connections :P
    Ok, but to be honest, I have to totally agree with you, it seems like there is nothing in the World that can't be advertised with cute puppy or with a naked lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read out your comment to my husband; he started laughing - in fact, he almost spit out the tea he was drinking! :P - and he asked if I knew you personally. He reckons you are a genius for making that hedhehog connection :D

      Delete
    2. Thanks :) It's my pleasure to make him almost spit out the tea.
      And no, you don't know me personally (I guess you already knew that :D). I just really liked your book :)

      Delete
  2. Mina olen kasutanud seda, et teen telefoniga vajalikust asjast pilti (antud juhul siis hea wc-paberi pakendist) ja poodi minne võtan telefoni, vaatan sealt pilti ja tean millist osta.
    Lihtne ja effektiivne :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Siinkohal võiks vist mainida, et minu telefon helistab, saadab sõnumeid, äratab, on kalkulaator ja... ega ta muud miskit ei teegi. Ja miks ma selliseid lihtsaid telefone kasutan? Noh, näiteks sellistel põhjustel: http://newzealanditisthen.blogspot.co.nz/2013/08/life-with-dog-i-need-new-phone.html

      Wanakas elades ja palju matkamas käies ma kohe kuidagi ei tahtnud telefoni, millest mul kahju oleks, kui ma ta vette kukutan, katki teen vms. Ja kui lapsed ning koer tekkisid, siis ütleme nii, et... kohe üldse ei taha telefoni, millest kahju on :P

      Et ega ma pildistada muidugi tahaks, jah, aga ma millegipärast arvan, et mul läheb veel paar aastat, enne kui noorem laps on kah sellises vanuses, et saab aru, et telefone vastu põrandat, raksti, loopida pole vaja :D

      Delete
    2. Nojah, mul on endal ka nn helistamistelefon, aga seal on muuhulgas ka pisike kaamera, mis teeb väikseid kehva kvaliteediga pilte, kuid mis on siiski mõnikord abiks just asjade meeles pidamiseks. Teine variant on telefoni märkmetesse üles kirjutada, aga see on natuke aeglasem ja tüütum, kuigi mõnikord kasutan seda ka.

      Delete
  3. I like the Purex ones, it's a 2-ply that's not too thick and not too thin (IMO), it's got a brown Shar Pei dog on it. I've come across some really thick ones at some places and I'd be worried that my toilet would get blocked when youngest grabs his enormous wodge of paper. Luckily I think I've finally got through to him that 3 is plenty, but you never know...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do think there is one toilet roll brand that advertises with a koala bear on the packaging. Which I would say is misleading because koalas are meant to be vicious.

    But agree with the above trick of taking a picture of it. I find myself on a regular basis walking around bookstores taking loads of pictures of books that I potentially want to buy off Amazon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. In Estonia we also have squirrels and little cute sheep on toiletpaper packages. Can´t even remember if we have a puppy one...

    ReplyDelete