On tomboys and cast shoes

The Man: "I like that you're a tomboy."

Me: "I'm not any more. Not that I don't want to - I just don't get to do tomboy stuff any more. Most of the time I'm cleaning the house and taking care of kids and making food... parenting stuff."

The Man: "...she says whilst fixing shoes and securing them with gator clamps."


PS. Turns out that shoes that are meant to be worn with leg casts (ie are usually worn by people who are somewhat injured and limited in their activities) fall apart easily when they are used actively: on playgrounds, traipsing through botanic gardens, climbing up steps. Go figure.

PPS. The go-over-cast pants are still working beautifully.

1 comment:

  1. Funny, I don't think of myself as a tomboy, but most of the tools in the garage I bought and I was the one who installed the waste disposer in the kitchen sink when the old one died. I also do most of the painting, but I also enjoy gaming, sewing and spinning and knitting and weaving. I think I'm a bit of a mix really.

    ReplyDelete