A difficult day

I had a dream that I visited Estonia and met with dear friends, most of whom I haven't seen in about six years. Upon waking up I felt like the experience had been... robbed from me; that I had had a chance to hug - to REALLY hug! - and then I woke up and it was all gone again.

The whole morning I walked around reminiscing about this dream. The more I thought, the more it panged in my chest somewhere - the want to... hug. To actually hug; not just e-mail and Skype.

I quickly had a look at prices of plane tickets. I though about when and how I would make this happen, if it were an option - but now I have to keep reminding myself that at the moment we are saving money to buy a home, not plane tickets. A home!

But it still pangs in my chest somewhere - this want to actually hug, as in, hug in real life.

It's been such a long time...

PS. A friend pointed out how similar my kids are. I agree ;)

The Kid, three years ago, and The Girlie, now

1 comment: